»

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Starting A New Thing...

So well, here I am... giving in to the cultural peer pressure of the rest of America... I am starting a blog. You know my husband and I were the last people in the States to get a VCR (for those of you who remember what that is) which is ironic considering all the high tech equipment I am involved with now. I do Television, Streaming, Video , Multimedia & Product Development & some Website stuff. In that order.


But seriously, I am usually way out ahead of the game, and although I do love to write alot... it has taken me some while to get down and dirty and get this thing started. I will just use the excuse that I have been too busy. Whatever.


This is what I really look like - but I had to make the cartoon image you see above - which is me too, all made over to look sorta... professional? Anyway, on any given day... this is the real me...








Actually I have to be honest... I kinda knew that picture was being taken



so here is a REAL me...




Anyway, back to business. As I realized that I was starting another "New Thing" and thought about all the commitment and focus it would require, I was reminded of how many times I have encouraged and prompted others to "Just Do It!"


How many times do we have great intentions and not follow through? How many times do we get distracted and lose our focus right at a critical juncture in an important process? I do quite often. I blame it on busyness, or other people...



Today as I began this blog I came to the conclusion that sometimes we may fail... to try... because of fear. Fear that... it will not be good enough... fear that... it will be a waste of time... fear of others' opinion of us. On and on I could go you know, but I won't bore you with my reasoning.



Just remember we can't make it if we don't try. One step at a time. Moving toward our written goals will take start us on a journey that will help us fulfill the destiny for our lives.

That's why I am here. To remind you not to fear but to push. You will give birth to the dream that you conceived some time ago - if you do not stop trying but begin to PUSH forward toward the prize.

You can do it... You will do it! I believe it - so just receive it!

Until next time...

Your new friend...

Mia
"Empowered To Prosper"
21st Century Capitalism



DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE GIFT! GET ON OUR MAILING LIST NOW... TIPS & TRICKS & TOOLS TO MOTIVATE YOU!

...

1 comments:

Iago de Otto said...

Okay, so, I see . . . you have basically only just started your weblog as well. Sorry, this is my second posting to your site, if you didn't know. Anyway, I agree with what you say here about taking the whatever by the whatever and just stepping out and getting moving. That whole "JUST DO IT!!!" brouhaha. So, kudos to you Mia for taking this step.

At the moment I am at my day gig desk where I work for the Bureau of Foreign Trade here in Taiwan as an editing consultant, mostly Chinese into English stuff rather than the other way around, which would be much more difficult for me (written that is, my spoken Mandarin is fairly fluent, but I imagine my Chinese composition skills are totally laughable). I also just clicked over to to your MySpace site, but about a month ago the techie guys here at the Bureau installed some new anti-hacker software which is blocking various advert html, or so it seems, and the MySpace website doesn't load to well into my Firefox browser. Later on today, if memory recall serves its purpose, I will check it out again from home. I have a MySpace membership too, but I haven't done much with it. Anyway, I will connect with you in MySpace some time in the not too distant future, okay?

Hey, girl, you are doing well for a mom of five. Hopefully this year my wife and I will get it together to start a family. Her elder twin sister just had her first child on May 1st, and we visited Kani and his Ma and Pa on Saturday evening at the hospital where they all three were still hanging. Kids are cool. But whoah! now that is a huge responsibility . . . .

Okay, I am now gonna check out the rest of your blog and adhere more comments to your site. Later, Iago.